Every year I write a long Christmas newsletter and mail it to all my friends and relatives. This year is my first blog newsletter. I hope you enjoy reading it.

Year 2008

I can’t believe the year is almost up. I still have to remind myself to write 2008 not 2007 on my checks. What a year of change it has been. At the beginning of the year, I was working full time at the Africa Harvest Mission office as bookkeeper. The office (because of financial pressures) had to close and was moved to the director’s home where she runs it. It has since prospered and we have made great strides in evangelizing Africa and providing for the needs of its people. For more information on AHM you can go to the website www.africaharvestmissions.com.

At the same time, I was also doing the books for another non-profit called ‘Friends of TOUCH’ which also moved and is now using one of the offices at my church. FOT helps the orphans of Uganda and their web site is www.friendsoftouch.org. They are doing a great work and have started a sponsorship program that for $35.00 a month can feed, cloth, house, and educate one child in Uganda Africa. Bob and I sponsor a precious child named ‘Mercy’ who was left on the steps of a local Uganda church a few weeks old. She is now 6 and doing well.

I am still on the Board of Directors for AHM and FOT but do not have a hand in their day to day operations. We are looking for churches or other organizations that would be interesting in having our directors come and tell them about the work we are doing and how they can help so if your church or organization is interested, please call the number on the web site.

I continue to work my company with my business partner (and daughter) Jennifer but only part time. The rest of the time I do volunteer work or free lance writing. I have finished a children’s book (not yet published) and have started on two more. I also have begun a fictional novel.

This year I wrote and directed a production at my church called “The Fatherless Child”. It was a true story about my life and how God changed it. Some of the scenes were on film. We used sights in the Gloucester county area including the historical courthouse and even my daughter Becky’s home. It was well received and my first full production. It is a lot of work writing, staging, directing, finding props, filming, gathering music, etc. But it was worth it.

My business is doing well with Jennifer’s help. We have added to our list of services to including my new career – writing. We now offer to write policy & procedure manuals, employee handbooks, etc. We are not doing tax returns anymore (PTL).

Bob’s business is also doing well. No matter how bad the economy, people still get locked out of their cars and so his locksmith business is doing well. Did you know he is a vendor with several roadside assistance companies, including AAA, and that if you are locked out you can request him by name or call us and he can bill that company? Bob turned 62 this year and began to draw his social security. We wanted to start now before they run out of funds. LOL

My oldest, Jennifer is enjoying the business; it gives her plenty of time to pursue her other interest’s. Her new dog is a ‘Labrodoodle’ (part Lab part Poodle). She is a cutie and her name is Maybell. Jennifer went to training with her and she became certified as a therapy dog. Jen wants to be able to take her to hospitals and nursing homes as a ministry. Her husband Paul and other dog Chico are doing fine though they are all cramped in a small one bedroom apartment. They are actively searching for a new home or bigger apartment now.

Susan and family are all well too. Her house is looking good with all the improvements her husband has done and I can’t wait to see it finished. Her oldest son Tyler turned 12 this year (which makes me feel extremely old). He is a bright kid and I expect he’ll be a computer expert when he grows up. Her second, Jake who is 9, is a riot; in constant motion full of energy. I could see him coaching some day. Then there’s Noah, age 6. What a year that boy has had. He swallowed a quarter and it would not pass through him so they had to put him under and remove it. He was a real trooper and showed little fear. Then this summer he disturbed a hornet’s nest and was stung a dozen times. He’s well now and he is a treasure. Finally there is Susan’s youngest; Princess Lily. She turned 3 this year and I don’t think I have seen her without a princess dress on in months. She eats, sleeps, and dreams Princess. She is so beautiful and petite and yet able to keep up with her older brothers (they taught her to burp on command).

Becky and her husband are well. Their son Charlie is a doll. He goes to my church daycare and every chance I get I run over to see him during the week. Everyone raves about how cute and sweet he is and they are right!

Sarah moved back home this year after a break up with her fiancĂ©. She is well and is now in another relationship with a fine man. He is a marine officer stationed in Arizona and owns his own home. We all like him but Sarah has agreed to go and live with him and plans on leaving right after Christmas. I keep hoping she’ll change her mind. I’ll miss her terribly and I don’t like being so far from my children.

Bob’s mom pasted away in October and Bob, the girls, and I went to Rhode Island pay our last respects. It was nice seeing family again and the funeral was lovely. The only other trip Bob and I made this year was to Nags Head the first week of September for just 4 days vacation. With the economy, it is difficult to get away when you work for yourself. I hope to go on another cruise soon.

I was scheduled for surgery (hysterectomy) in October, but the insurance company couldn’t make up their mind whether to pay for it or not, so I had to reschedule for Jan. I have had many people praying for me and hoping and believing for total healing so I can cancel surgery. I let you know what happens.

Well, I think I got you all caught up on the Ouellette news. I hope you and your family are well and enjoying life. Don’t forget to check back at this blog www.deeslifetrekking.blogspot.com for weekly updates. You can even sign up as a regular. Tell you friends to check it out. Another site for you to check is my company web site www.aonemobile.net and my fund raising page www.firstgiving.com/deniseouellette. If you have a face book page look me up and add me as your friend. Family pictures are posted at my blog and my face book page.

Love to all of you and Happy Christmas.
D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip