Dream about Worship

I recently had the following dream (I hope it blesses you):

I was in a store or room with many people milling about. I was waiting for a friend and as I waited I was worshiping the Lord in my heart and thanking Him. A neighbor from my old neighborhood (the one destroyed by a hurricane) came up to me and was telling me that she had sold her house and wanted to give me something. She gave me money and a picture.

I remember dumping the money on the counter near the cash register and then picking up the bills to put in my purse and leaving the coins. The clerk looked at me and I explained, it’s my money but I don’t need it or want it. I just wanted to put it away so I’d have my hands free to look at the picture.

The picture was odd but beautiful. It was in a broken frame so the glass slid out (unbroken) and the picture came out in my hand. I took it out and this was its description:

It was of a woven texture. It had two parts: one side was of a woman surrounded by roses. She had no smile and even seemed to look worried but there was no threat, or danger about her, only beautiful red roses on which she was lying very still. The other side was attached to that side only at the top. I looked to see if it was ripped, but was woven together at the top and all down the side so I know it was made that way.

The second side felt like it was made of paper until I turned it over. It was twisted backwards at the top where it was attached so when I turned it over, it felt woven too. There was no distinguishing pattern on the twisted side, just confusion, until I turned it over and it slid up next to the first side and I could see it was a picture of Jesus with His arms held in such a way that when the sides came together, the seam disappeared, and then the picture was complete showing the woman was wrapped up in His arms.

It was so beautiful and so touching to see Jesus holding her I began to cry and worship more than before.

I began to remember how many times I had prayed for my neighbors over the years and how God had saved them all during that terrible hurricane. It suddenly dawned on me that He had heard and answered my prayers. They all had new homes, were safe, blessed. We tend to forget that God always hears our prayers and is concerned for those we are concerned for. We forget what we prayed, but He never does and bring about the answers even when we are no looker concerned.

Then my friend and I and some one else got into a car and were driving some where. I continued to worship and we were sitting together crying and talking about God’s blessings. I kept looking outside the car window and the sky was black with thick rolling clouds, yet in two spots I saw beams of light breaking through and at one of those spots the sun could be seen. There were floods waters crossing the bridge ahead. We stopped and the other person got out to sweep away the flood waters with a broom. But my friend and I stayed in the car. We were totally unafraid, through the water, through the storm, we worshipped Him. Nothing mattered but worshipping Him.

Interpretation:

In life we sometimes wander from God, forget His blessing toward us and concentrate on things. As we stay in His presence and worship Him, things lose their hold on us. It is then that He miraculously provides for all those things we once were searching for and no longer need. This causes us to worship more.

The store items held no bond on me, the money was not important, just something to put away until it was needed. It was the painting that was important.

My neighbor was blessed by God. My prayers for her, though long forgotten, were remembered by God. He continues to remember our prayers and He will answer them. This too causes us to worship Him more.

We try to frame God in but it will not hold Him. He will not break the frame we try and put Him in, but He just slides through it to gently show us the true picture.

We are always in His sight and are precious to Him. His will is that we be surrounded by sweet smelling flowers (something every little girl wants from their dad). Sometimes we must just lie still in our roses and let Jesus come and wrap His arms around us.

We may not see the pattern of what He is trying to do in our lives. We may feel He is not capable of bringing the answer. Maybe His provision will be as useless as the paper on the underside of the picture but if we allow Him, He will prove He was something more substantial – He has a woven tapestry.

As we wait to feel His strength and see His provision, he untwists our lives so He can slide up to us to snuggle against us and wrap His arms of protection, comfort, and strength around us.

This too causes us to worship at the beauty of His love for us and comfort of His presence.

It is then the tapestry of our lives is complete: when Jesus is next to us with His arms around us, then the seam disappears and we are one with Him.

Then we can move out with confidence and face our storms of life. Then there is no fear even in the midst of darkness and floods. We can always look up and see His rays of light shinning through. We can draw together and worship Him and He will send the angels to sweep away the flood and provide us safe passage. Nothing mattered but worshiping Him.

Read these scriptures: Matthew 6:25-33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip