My First Blog - Health Insurance Problems

Okay, here it is folks, my first blog. I want to be an author but have been hesitant to start a blog because I had never read one nor am I sure show they work.


Today I am taking the plunge! I have no idea where this will lead but at least it's a beginning.


My first topic is health insurance. Why health insurance? Because yesterday I was suppose to have a major operation and even went so far as to arrive at the hospital and sit in the waiting room only to have the doctor cancel the operation because they had not yet gotten approval from the health insurance.


So it was either pay for it myself (maybe up to $40,000.00) or wait for the insurance approval. I just hope they don't think that this surgery is optional or otherwise unnecessary. In the mean time, I wait.


Have any of you had similar experinces? How did you handle it? Should I complain to the insurance sompany (which by the way is Tricare the military medical insurance)? What good would it really do if I did complain? What happens if they do not approve the surgery? Do I continue to suffer? Is there other recourse?


I have kept my cool but I am depressed about the situation. I am not afraid. I know I will survive without the surgery but my discomfort will continue. In the mean time all I can do it wait.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip