Cancer Walk: No. One
I don’t feel I am in a battle nor do I feel abandoned by God or that I’m being punished by God. I am resigned to the fact that I have cancer and it’s something I have to get through and I will rejoice when I am on the other side.
There was no fear when they announced that the tumor they removed along with my ovaries was cancerous but there was no joy either.
If I die, I will be with the Lord; if I live, I live for my family and for my ministry. I chose to live and through Christ’s strength I will defeat the cancer.
In the mean time I have a whole new world of experiences to live through. First the surgery, then the implant of the portal (a small device under the skin to which they give the chemotherapy treatments), then this Friday I start the chemo treatments.
Some experiences such as a Caribbean cruise you love so much and recommend everyone should try it once. None of the above experiences would I recommend to anyone, especially the portal which reminds me so much of a Borg implant.
As I walk out this road, this cancer walk, I will be blogging about the experience and keeping record of the number of posts. I do not walk this road alone I have doctors and nurses who have been very positive and helpful. I also have great friends and co-workers who have valiantly prayed and provided assistance when needed. But mostly I have my great family who stand by my side (even to sleeping in chairs in the hospital). They are my comfort and joy. I hope that as I share about these experiences, someone else will be blessed.
Here are the words to a song I learned today called “I Will Restore”:
What was lost in battle,
What was taken unlawfully,
Where the enemy has planted his seed,
And where health is ailing,
And where strength is failing,
I will restore to you,
All of this and more,
I will restore to you.
Looking forward to His restoring everything!
Denise
Comments