Cancer Walk 5: Treatment Day

Today is my 3rd chemo treatment. I don’t want to go but know I have to. The treatment itself is not too unpleasant, there’s no pain, but it can be boring sitting there all day as they pour chemicals into your veins. The nurses are a delight as they try to cheer you up and wait on you hand and foot. They explain each step repeating the same words every week about how each chemical will affect you but I don’t mind. My hope is not in the chemicals it’s in the Lord and His Word. I Peter 2:24 “Who His own self bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness; by His stripes you were healed.” Isaiah 53:5 “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.” I look forward to the complete healing that Christ provides in His Word and will be mine! I wait patiently, enduring the treatments, the doctors, the nurses, the medicines, the pain, and will rise up whole, well, and strong again by His sacrifice made for me so long ago. I encourage any of you going through similar circumstances to call on Jesus, acknowledge He is Lord and Savior, and he will hear you and move on your behalf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip