Cancer Walk 6: Side Effects

Each time you go in for a chemo treatment the receptionist hands you a list of questions for you to check off. The list is two or three columns front and back and asks you to check off every symptom that you have experienced since the last treatment. Its amazing how many different side effects you could have experienced. The further along I go in this treatment that is suppose to cure me the more side effects I experience and the longer they last. Its fascinating and at the same time horrifying. The thing I try to keep in mind is that they are temporary. By the time I get to the next appointment, the side effects are gone and I feel great. However, when you spend 3 days on the couch because your too emotional to deal with the real world and move from hysterical crying to screaming in anger you wonder what in the world is going on. Oh yeah, its just side effects! The verse I try to keep in mind is this: (Amplified) Hab 3:19 "The Lord God is my strength , my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds feet and will make me to walk (not stand still in terror, but to walk) and make (spiritual) progress upon my high places (of trouble, suffering or responsibility)." Are you having trouble dealing with the real world? Then you need an "invincible army" to stand by your side. His name is Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip