Cancer Walk 7:You got to have a sense of humor

So I’m looking for a valentines card for my husband and first I check out the mushy ones, which are quickly rejected (I prefer humor), then I read one about how couples begin to look alike, and think, true but I don’t want to go there, so finally I settle on one that cracks me up. On the outside it says, “You know when you ask me if I’m mad, and I say “No”. And then an hour later you ask me if I want a soda and I say, “Why the hell would I want a soda?”… (open to inside) That’s fun! Happy Valentine’s Day.” With the way my hormones go bonkers these days my poor sweet husband has to put up with a lot. His reward in heaven will be great! So on Valentine’s Day we give each other chocolates and I give him my card and we have a good laugh. Then as both of us are gathered at the coffee maker filling our mugs I have this thought: If anyone looks through the window right now we look so much alike (both in thick long robes, our mugs in tow, almost bald) that they would mistake us for a gay couple. (SIGH) You got to laugh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want to go where you are

Help I'm Locked out of my Rental House!

Packing for Your Short Term Mission Trip